Yes, we’re open!
Accessing GP services
All GP practices have been, and continue to be, open – caring for our patients, but in a different way. Read our information about what you need to do if you think you need a GP appointment.
- Practice Nurse and HCA appointments are available to book at any time
- GP appointment bookings have been suspended until further notice, and instead we will be operating a telephone triage system
- Please call us between 8am - 11am if you need to speak to a doctor on the day. After the doctor has triaged you, you may be offered an appointment*
* When you attend the surgery for your appointment, please try to arrive as close to your appointment time as possible, you must be wearing a facemask and you will have your temperature checked by a clinician before entering.
- We have also temporarily suspended the online appointments service until further notice
Please note as from the 14th June 2021 we will stop taking repeat prescription requests over the phone due to the high volume of calls.
To order your repeat prescriptions please choose one of the following options allowing 2 working days for completion:-
- Online access
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please ensure to include in the email your full name, date of birth and list of medications needed
- Post a request to us at: Old Swan Health Centre Group Practice, Crystal Close, Liverpool, L13 2GA (please allow 7 days for posting receiving and returning)
- Place a prescription request in the script box which is situated outside the surgery’s front door
Once your repeat prescription has been processed and signed by a doctor it will be sent electronically to your nominated pharmacy.
We are still vaccinating all patients over the age of 50, or patients aged 16+ who are in an at-risk group (click here to see who is defined as 'at-risk')
If you are over 50 and have not yet been contacted, or if you are due for your second dose (8-12 weeks after your first dose), please phone us as soon as possible to arrange an appointment.
All Covid-19 vaccination appointments will be held in Park View Medical Centre, Orphan Drive, Tuebrook, Liverpool, L6 7UN
(please see map below for directions)
If you find that you require support due to the current Covid situation, please review the following information that may benefit you:
LIVERPOOL CITY COUNCIL
The Liverpool Good Neighbour scheme will match volunteers with people in need who don’t have anyone else nearby to help with day-to-day tasks. The scheme is not designed to replace any social care or NHS services you may receive but it can give you additional support.
You can ask for help with the tasks you cannot do because you cannot leave home, such as shopping or collecting prescriptions, or you may even like to ask to chat to a volunteer on the phone to break up your day and hear a friendly voice.
Please phone Liverpool City Council Coronavirus Support Line on 0151 233 3066
Or alternatively you can make a request by using the online form.
If you have been told you need to self-isolate, and need to provide a note for your employer, then please click here to get an isolation note from NHS 111. Or alternatively; download the NHS app.
Advice for parents and carers on how to look after their child at home if they have a high temperature and when to get help.Read More